The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2005, 08:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Wink Lunch with Sis and Griz

I would like to take this oppertunity to thank Griz for buying lunch Monday up in Squiem. We had a nice two hour lunch and great a conversation. I think we'll make that lunch thing happen a little more often. Sis Arrow is to fly back to the heartland just in time for another Hurricane. anyway many of you guys were brought up in conversation all in good light I might add. Next year I'll be in my new house and a Westcoast campout will happen I promise and Griz will do the Honors with fresh Salmon and Oysters so fresh they will spit in your eye. so bring a hearty appitate. thanks again for lunch Griz. Next one is on me.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Chris,

What great company you and they were in! Did you eat at a Red Lobster?????

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wish I could have been there. It doesn't look like I will get out there this year. The saga with the grandson goes on and on.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Paco we don't have many Red lobster restraunts out here we get fresh seafood. (LOL) ps sheam creek was top notch I just had to kid you a little. OK Doc here is a new plan we try again next year and if you come out in august you can join us for another reunion of my ship this next year I'm host. wear your cav coyboy hat its will impress a bunch of old swabbys. hope thing get better for you soon miss you two give shirley a hug from us.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Chris, Well in Tacoma next to the Olive Garden is a Good Red Lobster in that little strip mall off I-5 on S 72nd St. When I was stationed at McChord I would eat there alot for the "All you could eat Snow Crab" when they ran that promotion. I miss that down here in Georgia. Alaskan Crab legs either Snow or King just aren't as cheap down here.
For a closer place to eat with a good view I would drive down to Titlow Beach near the Narrows bridge and eat at Steamer's Seafood Cafe, this is what the recent review says of them:Great Fish and Chips Various Locations A true Pacific Northwest experience at five Puget Sound locations. Located on the Seattle waterfront on Pier 56 and Pier 59, at the Seattle Centerhouse and at Titlow Beach in Tacoma, Steamer's offers the best in casual dining. The menu features great Pike Ale Battered Alaskan Cod fish and chips, Mahi Mahi fish tacos, steamed clams, Caesar salad and Northwest microbrews. The friendly and attentive crew won't let you forget to try the award winning clam chowder.

And the Chowder is Good specially on a Cool damp Typical Tacoma fall afternoon plus The Beach Tavern is across the street it's been open since 1934
Old 09-26-2005, 05:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Chris....I thought Red Lobster WAS fresh.

Shem Creek Bar and Grill is a great local place. Was so glad to meet you and your lovely bride there. Too bad it took you 7 hours to go 5 miles but that's why Doc Fred was a Doc and not a Navigator!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default And thank you for showin' up

bro Chris and Joan, what a great visit we had! Good company, good conversation and good food. You picked the right guy to do your cookin' for the campout. That boy can cook. He made a seafood linguine to die for while I was there. Flank steak on the grill, fresh green beans cooked with bacon and sweet onions, sliced up garden fresh tomatoes sent me straight to heaven one night.Even the Zatarains NewOrleans Jambalaya Mixhad some kind of magiche sprinkled into it alongwith a wonderful smoked sausage!

I'mnot sure why I came home. I had itpretty good up there

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-27-2005, 05:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

First time I smiled all daY.So glad you had a good visit.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:31 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Ya'll come with me the next time! LTyou can take second shift on the grill.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-28-2005, 04:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sis...very glad to hear a good time was had by all! Need to get yourself, the big guy, Chris and all the other westies down to Georgia next April!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!