The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2005, 09:48 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Rodney King - New Orleans Style?

Some years back, a few police officers were caught on videotape, beating the tar out of a Los Angeles man (Rodney King). Now I don?t know if the severity of the actions of that day was justified or not (I was not there), and that was for the courts to decide? However, I just viewed a replay on television of this same variety of overly zealous action, this time in the French Quarter of New Orleans, also caught on videotape!

It appears that a 64-year-old, hardly in his prime gent, who had far too much to drink, was arrested for public intoxication, but not before he had the living hell trounced out of him by three, burly young officers! And to add insult to misery, apparently, the guy who filmed the melee was also set upon by yet another officer of the law?

Now I fully realize how difficult and dangerous law enforcement can be, having relatives in same, and the death toll among officers doing their duty each year is horrendous at best! ?But you have got to wonder just how many such incidents are not documented or are covered up!?

Once, many many years ago, up in the Los Angeles area, I had just picked up, a college pal of mine from his home. It was broad daylight (about 11 A.M. I think) and we were on our way over to the school to catch up on some class assignments.

?When we neared a major intersection, apparently some kind of parade was getting ready to begin. We stopped, but then were waved through by a security guard.?

We no sooner (slowly) started through the intersection, when a wild-eyed city cop came running up, screaming at the top of his lungs, his gun three-quarters drawn! ?The guy must have been a mental case, or thought that he was Wyatt Earp!!?

Now I fully accept the fact that this uniformed nut case, and the scant few like him, are exceptions to the rule! But when a fool like that one (and those idiots caught on film in New Orleans beating the hell out of that older man), are allowed to act as badly (if not worse) than the criminals that they pursue, then this gives all in law enforcement a bad name!

Up here in the Backcountry of San Diego County, our biggest law enforcement presence is in the form of the Border Patrol. We also have a few Sheriff?s Deputies and rangers, but again, the U.S. Border Patrol is here in numbers, this being right along side the International Line.

Naturally, every once in a while, the actions of one agent may fall into question, but almost all of the kids and old-timers who wear the green (Border Patrol) uniform, are gutsy, dedicated, helpful, professional and polite! Most do not abuse their station or authority, contrary to the propaganda that is sometimes being pushed by a few elements in Mexico and on our side of the line as well! ?People who would have a wide open border policy, or those who thrive and prosper by hiring near slave labor!?

As a matter of fact, I just saw on the tube where employers in the hurricane affected regions, mainly New Orleans, are screaming aloud that they can not get employees back into that area? As such, they are demanding, if I saw it right, that aliens be brought in to fill the gap!

In North Carolina, and other places as well, many of these aliens (even the illegal ones) are well behaved. However, enough of these illegal newcomers have brought along with them their old world baggage, along with some unacceptable behavior patterns from their former homelands - and this, we can not tolerate! ?A guest, after all, even an uninvited one, must behave when in another?s home!!?

With all of the recent activity (i.e.- Hurricanes etc.), and the devastation that occurred as a result of these disasters, it is no wonder that law enforcement is on edge! However, what was recently captured on videotape in New Orleans, was not a scene of riot, looting, murder or even robbery? That poor 64-year-old drunk was, however, beaten to a pulp, and this sends the wrong message, both here and abroad. And you know for a damned fact that there are nations and groups out there who will attempt to capitalize on this unfortunate event!

We have become so damned internationalized that, not only are we losing our identity and our sovereignty, apparently, we may even lose our right to self-determination! ?We have no need, after all, for foreign interference in our domestic affairs?, but incidents like the one that I have just described in New Orleans, gives more than an ample excuse for a few entities to bitch and cry on the shoulders of those foreign based, and foreign controlled organizations, like the World Court and the United Nations etc. Wanna-be foreign Fuehrers, one and all, who deem it their right to tell us how to conduct our internal affairs, how to live, and who constantly stick their snotty noses where they do not belong!

For over two hundred years now, we have handled our own problems, and by damned, we must continue to do just that! We may not always be right, but we do occasionally learn from our own mistakes (sometimes)! And if we suffer an incident like the one that just occurred in New Orleans, we are still capable of dealing with our own problems, and deal with them we must, and will! ?All men are equal in the eyes of God and the law?, well at least that is how it is supposed to be?

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2005, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Not withstanding,...

...rick, as most us have seen the film of the punches thrown, and landing, one must wonder as none of us were there, was the "gentleman" that was arrested filmed in the act of "whatever" before the incident doing anything other then staggering down the Blvd,...

...Did he resist in a manner that put one, or more of the officers safety in jepordy, no doubt, tempers are real short down there at present, we'll see what the prececing causes were, and the outcome will be, and you know there are always three sides to every story, my side, your side, and the truth,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What we viewed of the beating was another example of the depth of corruption of the NO PD. When our #2 son was deployed there with his Army unit, they were briefed on how the local folks view the local police - just another lawless gang to contend with.

Then over the weekend, another news story breaks abouthow the NO PD stole over 200 automobiles, including more than 40 Cadillacs, ostensibly to do "patrol work" according to their now deposed chief.

Add this to the filmed incidents of these licensed thugs looting stores during the height of the "evacuation" and one can begin to get the picture.

What's really sad about the NO PD is that the currently sad state of affairs is actually an improvement over what they formerly were. The depth of corruption, incompetence, ineptitude, and abuse of power that emanates from the mayor's office down through the police department (and probably other departments) will become better known if and when the investigation gets done as called for.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-10-2005, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And then and then, just prior to Katrina one of Louis Farrakan?s ?best? was retained by the NOPD to provide ?sensitivity? training for the police. Oh my, Mr. Hate his own self was going to sort out the NOPD I suppose, talk about disaster going to Armageddon, yikes, that be the one.

The core issue is that among the poor, the NOPD are viewed as predators, not protectors and that isn?t anything new at all. Tiz the big ?C? that just oozes and flows and sticks to all things there, and is beyond the control of mortal men I reckon.

Scamp
Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM

That guy did't look like he was ready or willing to tangle with those guys. Balding slightly gray on the sides and those police punching him in the back of the head - four of them - and it didn't look like he was really trying to fight them off. Look what happen to the camera man they bent his ass over the hood of car backwards - because they were caught on on film.

I thought it was a bit harsh and too hostile for little guy. Just my thoughts.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Those three NOPD charged today with A&B definitely crossed that line of Law enforcement to Law Breaking when they continued to beat up the elderly man after they subdued him and put him in cuffs! plus the charges from assaulting the journalist filming the incident.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Although I'm a firm believer in "innocent until proven guilty", I also believe these scumbags should have been charged with something more serious than assault and battery.

I think that the investigation called for immediately after Katrina should take place right ther in NO. Let's just see what happened to all the $$ they reeived for the levees, for the evacuation plan, for police training, and for every other money-losing venture we taxpayers ponied up for this den of corruption.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-10-2005, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

AMEN TO ALL THE ABOVE!!!! That situation is a mess!!!!!!

Rick
Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There are some additional stats that seem to add to the gloomy NOPD situation. Some 300 police officers have simply gone poof, there is no idea if they are dead, quit, scattered or what. Most of those remaining have families scattered, have lost homes, possessions and now live in temporary housing like the cruise ships. Of course there are long shift hours in very tense conditions.
Their leadership infrastructure has fallen apart, the Chief has resigned and it seems conditions are ripe for more street confrontations and more short fuses. My guess is that there is little courage or backbone, let alone leadership, being shown at the highest city government level as the rats always seek the highest ground and it?s every rat for himself at present. If ever there was a pictorial of the fish rotting from the head down, this one has to be the defining situation.

Scamp
Old 10-11-2005, 04:52 AM

I just heard this morning the NO Police Chief has been charged with theft of a store he was called to - to protect not loot. You never know what people will do - especially those you trust and are sworn to protect and serve.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"