The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Invasion Lebanon/ambush

The Israeli army is enroute to some river 18 miles inside Lebanon, Now its been awhile sence I have senced an ambush (I have before) But I sence an ambush. There a reason the resistance has not been as tough as at first, the Lebanon army wants to draw them in and surround them.
Just what will happen when the Israeli army loses several hundred of its troops in a ambush?
Anytime there should be something wrong and theres nothing wrong, Look out.
Id be watching the Serian Border for troop build up.
on
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2006, 09:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

mmmm....I think the Israel will end up fighting a two front war soon.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Soon as Israel gets far enough into Lebanon , Seria and Palistine will cut them off and Then Lebanon will swing around and attack. Israel will be caught in a clasic L shape ambush.
Ron
Old 08-04-2006, 12:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Maybe so Ron, sniffing out an ambush is an instinctive thing and I?ll go with your instincts on that. On the other hand, the Israelis know every square inch of that ground and probably have more informants then they can use. A significant portion of the Lebanese population despise and hate Hezbollah and just as soon they be snuffed. The Palestinians and Shiite in Lebanon will go with Hezbollah, but not so true with the Druz, Christians and Lebanese Sunni Moslems. Memories are long and a five-way civil war is still recent memory.

Agreed, Syria is itching to roll on in, but if Assad takes another set-back and a military pounding, he?s toast. Israel is in the go for broke mode with blood in their mouth and Assad knows that. He isn?t nearly as cleaver or ballsie as his Pa and the Syrians know that as well, so we?ll see what kind of kuse kuse Assad Jr. is made of.
Not much is the prevailing thought, so he?s in the damned if ya do, and more damned if ya don?t corner.

And then another mess in the vat is that the Pres. of Lebanon is bought an paid for by Hezbollah and Syria, so he's in a corner as well and toast no matter what happens.

Scamp
Old 08-04-2006, 02:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Be careful, be very careful who you invite to an ambush! The Syrian military machine is broke, under-trained, ill-equipped, and generally unmotivated. The last time they were even remotely tested in combat was in the 1973 war, and got their collective and individual butts thoroughly kicked. In all actuality, they are only marginally stronger than then Lebanese army, which is only one-half step above perfectly useless. If Assad Jr. is stupid enough to commit any Syrian military, he'd better do it from a very deep underground bunker, as an Isreali-made drone will be tracking his every move, if it isn't already happening.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Syria is no match for Israel, Lebanon is no match for israel, Palistine is no match for israel. But They are more them capable of an ambush.
In a stand up fight Israel wins, But thats not what is about to take palce. Then again, I could be reading this all wrong and Israel will have lunch at the river and go home. It just seams Israel is being sucked into a place.

Just as the VC were no match for US forces and NVA were no match, but an ambush is different.

Ron
Old 08-04-2006, 07:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default One week,...

...first will be "One Week", of going in as far as they can, gaining strongholds, kicking as much a$$ as they can, and holding out for the multinational force, U>S>A>, and then some,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-05-2006, 08:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jerusalem Post, August 1

"Lebanon has portrayed itself as peace-seeking and unable to assert its authority in southern Lebanon and disarm Hezbollah whereas in fact the Lebanese army, according to the Washington DC-based Center for Strategic and International Studies, consists of 70,000 soldiers, including 11 mechanized infantry brigades, a Presidential Guard Brigade, a commando/Ranger Regiment, five Special Forces regiments, an air assault regiment, and two artillery regiments. It also possesses 110 battle tanks. In contrast, Hezbollah has at most some 5,000 armed men.

Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz, has pointed out that militias associated with several Lebanese political parties, including the Lebanese Communist Party, headed by the speaker of the Lebanese parliament, Nabih Berri, have already joined Hezbollah in attacking Israel (Jerusalem Post, July 30).

As Jerusalem Post Managing Editor and columnist Caroline Glick, also notes, ?since the outbreak of the war, the Lebanese army has been actively fighting with Hezbollah. Its radars have been used to lock in Israeli targets for Hezbollah missile crews. It is paying pensions to the families of fallen Hezbollah fighters. On Sunday its soldiers reportedly shot at IDF helicopters in the Beka?a Valley. But, to date, the US-led international community refuses to recognize the Lebanese army as a combatant, and similarly insists that the aim of the postwar settlement should be to strengthen both the Lebanese government that includes Hezbollah and the Lebanese army that fights by Hezbollah?s side?

Scamp
Old 08-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sea
On paper the Lebanon army looks strong, In reality as far as Ive heard, Almost 40% of the Lebanon army is Hezbollah or simpithetic to Hezbollah. Now I have no Idea about there army but it would seem that if the Lebanon government didn't want Hezbollah in there country Hezbollah wouldn't be there, And it would also seem that Hezbollah is getting support from Lebanon and syria and Iran. That is just an opinion but it seems that way to me. Just like it seems Hezbollah is sucking Israel in closer by there hit and run tactics. But we will see.

Ron
Old 08-05-2006, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,
I assume the Jerusalem Post article has a lot of Israeli spin, but their view of things kind of supports your thought that the IDF could get caught in a bad spot if they don?t cover every move.

And sure, the Lebanese Government is up to their ears in this mess so I have some difficulty buying into their 'woe is us' leveraging. Something about be careful what ya ask for...., etc.

Scamp