The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2006, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default News from Iraq

One of the young troops that I sponsor/support sent me the following email in response to a note I had sent him prior to Veterans' Day. I have taken the liberty of deleting certain items for his personal identity and safety. He's one of my heroes.

Colonel B -
]
Thanks to you also on this Veteran?s Day. This day is a difficult one for me as three years ago on this day, my father passed from Cancer related to Agent Orange. I am glad to have your new e-mail address and again write you. Things are going well for the Coalition in Mosul. Apparently those in charge of the insurgency are pulling the resources out of this area because they aren?t getting the desired body count. This place is a model of what we are trying to do. The Iraqi Army and police are standing on their own two feet and the insurgents attack them instead of us because they see them as the primary threat. I would give you my mailing address but we will soon be joining the rest of the Brigade in Baghdad. COL [name deleted] is very happy to have the Brigade back together. I am well, as are the soldiers in my line platoon. A week ago I was pinned with my Combat Medic Badge, lucky for me it was earned on a soldier with a mild concussion while taking Sniper Fire. He has since fully. Some of my other brothers haven?t been so fortunate. One of our new medics, just arrived in the battalion a month before we left, has seen the worst of our entire medical platoon. He is having a lot of trouble sleeping. He did a damned good job on those guys and there wasn?t anything he could have done differently. He knows this but, well I?m sure you understand. He is a damned good medic and I?m proud to call him my brother. We are all there for him and I?m sure he will get through this.

On to happier news, my brother recently married his beautiful wife [name deleted]. They are going to wait until I return to have the formal ceremony. I look forward to, well, actually meeting her. I am also trying to join the VFW, in keeping with family tradition. I also am going to be joining the National Association of Medics and Corpsmen.

I hope things are well for you and your family. Please take care.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Scout,

Is there any website where we can send CARE packages to GI's in Iraq or Afghanistan? Not necessarily a specific GI, any GI.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default doc

Roger your last: check out http://www.anysoldier.com/

And thanks for asking! For every warrior with a family back home, there were be at least one other one that has no family, ergo, a bleaker Christmas.

Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:37 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Moochas Grassy Ass, Scout!