The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2006, 08:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default From the bottom of my heart

One of my more mature friends asked me the other day what I do on the computer(I have an IM but I always have an away message) so I told them I look for interseting books to think about reading, I do my homework, I write my books, and I told her about this website. She asked me to show her, so at school during studyhall I did, she read my posts and everyone's responses, and she looked at me and she said, "Taylor, who have asked and asked and asked, and these people have gave and gave, but I do not think that you have givent them the proper thank-you, you've thanked them for serving and briefly about their advice but you have never thanked them for all that they have done for you, don't you think it's about time you did"

So when I got home, I re-read the things I have posted and I have read the thank-yous that I have passed, the thought of being ungrateful never passed through my mind. Because I am so grateful that I don't think many people understand. My uncle, I am told was the most wonderful man known to the small town he grew up in, he was smart, good looking, a perfect gentleman, he was married, but I never got to experience him because he was taken away. No one can understand that more than the people at this site, so I came here, looking for answers, answers that I knew in my heart can never be fully answered until I get to heaven and meet my uncle face to face, but I tried to find someone who knew something, anything about my uncle, and I got results, I've contacted people that I would have never found if I never came here. And then I read another person's opinion today about my saying thank you, that makes two people saying that I need to thank you guys and I promise from the bottom of my heart I thought I did, but I just want to make it clear so that everyone can somewhat understand how thankful I am for everything everyone has done for me.

Not to make excuses or anything but, my mom just had a baby, she was only 1year old when Stan died, she doesn't know anything about him, my grandpa doesn't bring his name up, I think it hurts too much, my grandma does talk about him, but only things about when he was little, and his wife, I've never met her, I go to every memorial service since I was little and not once have I seen her, all I know is that she is married to Stan's best friend. I don't have a lifeline to ask about my uncle, I thought by my coming here I would find some answers, someone would know someone who knew him, and I got some names, and I contacted them, and I'm not getting my hopes up or anything so I've already told myself that they don't have to reply, I know it's hard to get through my mind but I do tell myself that.

So please, everyone who has told me anything about my uncle, responded to any of my posts, thank you, thank you so much, you don't know how much everything you guys did for me means to me, I don't want to come across as ungrateful, because I am really not, I am so grateful, I am...I'm not sure how to put my thoughts into words so please take my words and know that I am so grateful and blessed to have all of you and your help. I am so sorry for coming off that way and I apologize to the fullest extent.

God bless
Taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2006, 05:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor
Just by coming to this site and getting involved with a bunch a vets and letting us tell our stories was "thank you" enough.
Again Good luck on your search for answers about your uncle, and if you need anything else from us ole ...., feel free to ask
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-19-2006, 06:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Taylor,

You are a wonderful young lady. Too bad you can't make it to one of the retreats and meet the women and men of Patriotfiles, if you do come bring a chaperone (parents). Come to think about it, I think a West Coast Retreat would be safer.

Anyway you honor us all by being here.

Keith
Old 11-19-2006, 07:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Keith,
Are you out of your mind?????? I've heard the Psyco Vets get togethers called many things ... but a retreat?

BTW ..... Next April looks real good for me to attend this coming year.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 11-19-2006, 07:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gotta agree with Bill on that one. KEITH ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR FRICKIN MIND!!!!!!
Hell, we gotta put Mustache Mike's chickens under lock and key, and besides if you aint old and crusty lookin' Hal has a tendency to shoot it.
Thats good news Bill. looking foward to meeting you in April.
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Now thats a good Idea inhonurofswa , get them to invite you to there thing in Georgia . That should make for some interesting reading. You would get to see the kind of person your uncle would have been and those guys would have to be nice for a couple days. That would almost be worth going and watching.

Ron

ps. Still haven't hear from the E-mail
Old 11-19-2006, 04:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I know what I'm doing!

We'll make sure Sis is there. Then I'll really feel safe.

Keith

P.S. Seriously - never met one you gentlemen and ladies I didn't like. But I haven't met Brother Bob yet.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:01 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
We'll make sure Sis is there. Then I'll really feel safe. Keith

Pastor Keith that statement must have came by way of inspiration seeing as it will put these boys to prayin' for months on end!"Send her to Calcutta, Lord,you knowthey need her there!"

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-20-2006, 05:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Me thinks Keith is tryin' to undermine the April prayer breakfast/choir practice. The next thing ya know, He'll be inviting the local Brownie Troop and we'll all be sitting around the campfire singing Koombiya (sp) and roasting smorzes (sp)
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-20-2006, 08:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Bob,

You got it:
I just love it when we sit around the campfire singing Kum Bai Ya. We all need our warm fuzzies (hugs) and I sure do enjoy those smores. It would turn those campouts into a religious retreat. Wouldn't that be great! We'll make sure everyone leaves their firearms at home. Bob, you did great detective work! Now you know that we are going to change those campouts into a religious retreat. Hallelujah!

Taylor by the time I get done with the likes of Paco Tom and Brother Bob. It'll be safe for you to attend one of these campouts.

Keith