The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default A doctors appt. at the VA

I had an unusualdoctors appointment yesterday at the VA in Decatur with a doctor and in a clinic that I had never been to before. I didn't even know what the clinic was all about and as a result the night before last I had one of those nights again in my dreams. They were shooting at me to see how I reacted. They were flying Huey Gun ships firing miniguns to see how I reacted. They had troops lying at my feet in a bloody blob to see how I reacted. I woke up many times during the night and at 9:30 I walked into the doctors office. The doctor had my records in a folder in front of her with the computer on at her desk and told me to sit down in the blue chair. When I sat she asked me if I knew SPC? I don't know how many of you might associate those initials with anything but being involved in manufacturing and process management before I retired, SPC meant Statistical Process Control and that's what I answered the doctor.

"Exactly," she said and proceeded to lay some figures down in front of me. The figures went from+5 to 0 to -5 and had hash marks dividing those figures.

I said "Plus 1 sigma, minus1 sigma, plus 2 sigma, minus 2 sigma,"and she pointed her finger directly at myface and said "Bingo, that's your bone mass. Legs, one sigma. Spine, two sigma. You have ostioporosus of the spinal column" and when I left that office I had absolute complete confidence in that doctor along with a complete understanding of what needed to be done. Where theheck did that Doctor come from?
Sponsored Links