The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Back-door thievery

Pelosi Congress Sending You a $2,641 Bill

The average American family will have to pay an extra $2,641 a year if President Bush's 2003 tax cuts are allowed to expire -- but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her fellow Democrats have given no indication they plan to extend the cuts.

"The mugging will lift $3.3 trillion from purses and wallets because the 2003 cuts will begin expiring soon," Ernest Istook ? a former Republican congressman from Oklahoma and a visiting fellow at the Heritage Foundation ? writes in the Washington Post. "The budget resolution moving through Congress is the blueprint for what's coming. Higher spending ? by hundreds of billions ? is the plan. Renewing tax cuts isn't."

Istook calls the expiration of the tax cuts in 2010 a "back-door tax increase" because the Democratic-controlled Congress doesn't have to act to usher in the increase ? it simply needs to take no action to extend the cuts or make them permanent, "something the new majority says it won't do." [Because they are gutless wonders!]

Last September, Democrat Charles Rangel of New York ? who is now chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee ? said in an interview that he "cannot think of one" of Bush's first-term tax cuts that merit renewal.

In a January interview with John Browne, contributing editor of NewsMax's Financial Intelligence Report, Rangel was again asked about the tax cuts. He indicated he was open-minded about the issue, but was noncommittal, saying: "That's 2010. What happens in 2010, happens in 2010, depending on what the economy looks like ? what the budget looks like?

"I for one just don't see how you can give tax cuts to the rich and just come to the Congress and ask them to put young people in harm's way and give tax cuts to the rich." [Blah, blah, blah- same old tired, untrue story.]

The tax cuts have not substantially reduced current tax revenues, according to a Heritage Foundation report in January, and economic growth rates have more than doubled since the 2003 cuts. But if the tax cuts are allowed to expire, the federal government will grab more than 1.5 percent of GDP a year in extra tax revenue by 2017, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Without the cuts, "personal and business income tax rates will climb," Istook writes.

"Capital gains taxes will go up. The death tax will have new life. The marriage penalty will once more punish husbands and wives. Child tax credits won't continue. And the alternative minimum tax will hit more and more middle-income workers. "The sneaky thing is that instead of voting to raise taxes and going on the record ? Congress won't have to do a thing. Taxpayers should keep their eyes focused on their own pockets. They're about to get picked."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2007, 06:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice
They supplying the vasoline, or do I need to bring my own?
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-16-2007, 08:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

BYOV. We are soon to be confronted with another iteration of "tax and spend." If they pass this, watch for the economy to tank, unemployment to rise, and other adverse economic conditions to prevail.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 AM

Hmmmmmmmm, if I recall correctly, it wasn't too long ago that the Dems were roundly blasting Dubya for the large deficit..if they're going to get all this money, why don't they reduce spending thereby reduce the deficit? Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice
Will they let me deduct the cost of the vasoline on my 2007 tax returns?
bOOger Block

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

In 2006, The senate was in session 137 days. The 2006 salary for rank-and-file members of the house and senate was $165,000. Working days are equivalent to 1,096 hours of work. How many of you make $150.00 per hour.

That's not bad for less that half a year work. These are the people who are supposed to represent you and your best political interests. Let them come down to the real world with less government spending and pay increases. Work in the hazardous environments that several of us do. Bust their butts digging in a ditch where you earn your money at the end of the day.

bOOger,
The special vasoline comes with a little sand and for the Navy/CG guys...a fid.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well I guess its better than a hamster with untrimmed toe nails.....Right John
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-16-2007, 03:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Advisor Hmmmmmmmm, if I recall correctly, it wasn't too long ago that the Dems were roundly blasting Dubya for the large deficit..if they're going to get all this money, why don't they reduce spending thereby reduce the deficit? Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.
Goodness gracious! Accuse da dims of being hypocritical?? How can this be?? Oh the horror, oh the inhumanity!! HOld on to your hats, your ass, and anything else you value; da dims will tax everything you cherish.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice
Do I need to get my pet hamster an SSN? I plan on claiming her next year, along with the cost of grooming
bOOger

God bless the ACLU