The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 4th and 101

all threw history the 101 and 4th inf have been right hand or left, depending on where you were at the time.
WW2 when the 4th landed at Utah beach, southern most beach exposed to germans fron left/right or center. The 101 was ordered to land inland and secure the German gaerison defending normandy.
The 101 did it's job and the 4th did there job and Utah was secured.
In vietnam , I can't tell you how many times I owe my existance to some 101 guy or guys. we did operations togeather that had no name for the history books, just that we went out, and with each others help ,we, came back. Most of the time no one even noticed.
You know, when people do what is expected of them, the notice, doesn't happen, except to each other.
So , to all the screaming chickins out there, I say, Thank You. Just for being you.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2007, 04:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks, Ron.

I, for one, would fight for you or along side of you anytime, Bro.

I don't recall being in a specific joint operation with the 4th until Duc Pho in APR-JUN/67 in Malheur I and II. That was after they were changed over from the 25th ID.

Ron, when did the 4th get in-country as a unit? I don't recall.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:10 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Tom
I wrote a long explanation about the 4th/25 and 101 but when I "submit reply" I was just taken to a sign in area, Back space didn't work. This is the 3rd time I have wrote a long post and just had it go away. I'm not going to waste my time writting the history, I remember, and have Daves site distroy it.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The 4th Id got to Nam as unit in late 1966 if I recall frisco kid. I don't know when the change of the units from the 25th to 4th and vice versa happened, but I think Ron was part of that. I had the opportunity to serve with both the 4th ID and 101st. The 4th in country and the 101st at Fort Campbell C-1/501st. I was not Airborne Quaifed but did go to the Air Assualt school and was allowed to wear the Air Assualt Badge.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Tom
I wrote a long explanation about the 4th/25 and 101 but when I "submit reply" I was just taken to a sign in area, Back space didn't work. This is the 3rd time I have wrote a long post and just had it go away. I'm not going to waste my time writting the history, I remember, and have Daves site distroy it.
I've had that happen to me before, also. Not for a long time, though. Makes ya want to slam the monitor on the floor . I know it would have been something I would want to read. I hope you get the urge to give it another shot, Bud.

Thanks for the comeback, Robert.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:25 PM

Frisco-Kid, Sir!

The website below is as of some time now, not "operational". Due to this, I had to sue the service of "archive.org" in order to get the site instead. That is why the URL in the below link looks as being 2 links put together as 1... But it is just looking as that, due to having been "extracted" from an "internet cache memory". It is de facto 1 single link.

When in the site, you can, despite being a "internet cache memory", still continue to click onwards on the site! Just scroll down a bit, and you will see "Vietnam Order Of Battle"-section. Just click on "US ARMY" and then scroll down further on that page, until you see "Summary of Arrivals and Departures by Division and Brigade".

Links is:

http://web.archive.org/web/200512101...ar/the_war.htm

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
Old 12-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reading on the site above

A pitcure and caption state the 173rd fighting on the notorius "Hamburger HIll" I was in Nam from Mar 69 to Mar 70 (second tour) with the 4th . I thought the 101st fought on Hamburger Hill in May 1969, A Shau Valley. Is the article just miss informed or was there more than battle for Hamburger Hill before 1969. I know that I spent two weeks in Dak To (Not a very good two weeks) I know that the 4th and the 173rd both fought in Dak To in 1967 ( Sep 67- Sep 68) my first tour in Nam with the 535th MI GP. I also think that at one time the 101st also fought in Dak To.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).