The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2008, 06:05 PM

Default Australian Needs Some Inspiring Recruiting Ideas

Australian Navy says ‘Save Us from the Village People’

http://noolmusic.com/videos/village_...n_the_navy.php

September 15, 2008 by admin

Tired of being associated with the eighties anthem In the Navyby the Village People, the Australian Navy has launched a competition to create an inspiring new Navy anthem.

The Navy Song Battle invites Australian musicians of all genres to write a song that evokes the emotion, adventure and camaraderie of a Navy career. The winning song will underpin the Navy’s new recruitment campaign to be launched early in 2009.

The competition opens on Monday 15 September and will be housed on MySpace at www.myspace.com/navysongbattle.

Songs can be entered up until 27 October 2008. Throughout the entry phase of the competition fans can vote for their favourites.

Carl Riseley, former Australian Idol finalist and member of the Australian Navy, said the Navy Song Battle is a fantastic launching pad for Australian talent.

“My own experience is an example of how things can change with a single opportunity. My music career was given a kick-start by Idol and I have recently released my debut album, The Rise, which entered the national ARIA charts at Number 5,” said Carl.

“As a member of the Australian Navy, the Navy Song Battle is close to my heart. We are calling on Australian musicians to save us from the tired association with the Village People’s ‘In the Navy’! The winning song will be a modern anthem to inspire my Navy colleagues, celebrate their courage and dedication and pay tribute to the vital role they play both in Australia and internationally.”

A panel of industry professionals will judge the most popular song entries and select the winning track, which will be announced in early November 2008.

The artist will fly to Melbourne and spend time in studio with a top industry producer to develop the selected track into the new Navy recruitment anthem, with the chance to be broadcast to Australians across the nation via a major ad campaign.

Navy Song Battle judges include Australian music industry gurus James Young, owner of Melbourne’s iconic rock venue, Cherry Bar, and Carl Gardiner, Managing Director of Mushroom Marketing.

Captain Mark Hill, Director Navy Personnel Policy, said the Navy wants to engage with young Australians through music and highlight the positive and rewarding aspects of a Navy career. “The Navy defends Australian interests through activities like providing humanitarian aid for our regional neighbours. It offers a huge range of exciting careers, world class training and a lifestyle and culture that is both challenging and supportive.”

For more information about the Navy Song Battle visit www.myspace.com/navysongbattle

AAP
Sponsored Links