The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2002, 07:10 AM

Default Nov. 22, 1963

I was Driving home from my freshman year at college when I heard the news about President Kennedy. I will never forget where I was, exactly, on the road when I heard it. Then home to see Walter Cronkite announce that JFK had died. My world changed forever that day. My age of innocence was over.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2002, 07:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default November 22, 1963...

...Amen.......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-22-2002, 07:35 AM

Drywall,

I had just completed survival school on Mt. Baker when we went on alert. I had never seen anything like it. The base was shut down and everyone was quite shocked to hear the President has been assasinated. The runways were loading up aircraft and the waterfront areas were patroled.

The condition stayed like that for about 48 hours until we got more facts as to the reason behind his killing. Yep, I remember that day real well.

Another event was when President Regan got shot. I was at Adelphi University working in the boiler room on a hot oil project when I came out of there and went to the airport everyone was watching TV. I called the wife and she said didn't you hear? I said hear what? Some shot Regan. So I know where I was for those two events.

I also remember some other's but those are for another day.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-22-2002, 09:28 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Unhappy 11/22/63

I was in history class, 10th grade when Mr. Welch came over the intercom and said, "The President has been shot quietly leave the school." A short time after getting home my mother and I, who were watching TV and listening to the radio, heard the news. The President is dead. Very sad weekend, the Colts got beat by the Bears too. I recall being quite happy when Oswell got shot. Looking back on it, it seems his killing made the waters rather muddy. We live and learn. Of course we finally got Oliver Stone to tell us what really happened.

Stay healthy,
Andy