Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2003, 09:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Town Bans War Tributes on Public Property

Mar 28, 11:35 AM EST

Town Bans War Tributes on Public Property

FIELDSBORO, N.J. (AP) -- Yellow ribbons and all other war memorials have been banned from public property here, a decision that has drawn criticism from residents and business owners who want to show their support for American troops fighting in Iraq.

The Fieldsboro Borough Council approved the ban last week, but Mayor Edward "Buddy" Tyler said it does not prohibit residents from placing memorials on their own property. He said that while town officials "certainly recommend" that residents show their support for the troops, there were other concerns that must be recognized.

"Where would you draw a line if you started allowing the use of public property to exhibit whatever cause anyone wanted?" Tyler told The Trentonian of Trenton for Friday's editions. "Suppose someone wants to tie pink ribbons, or black flags, or a Confederate flag or a Nazi flag on public property?"

Diane Johnson, who along with her husband owns a liquor store in this Burlington County town, said she was unaware of the new rule until the township told her to remove the yellow ribbons she placed on a sign that welcomes travelers to the borough.

"I'm shocked and outraged," Johnson said. "They didn't obstruct the sign in any way, and a lot of people with family members in the war came into the store to tell me how seeing the ribbons gave them a lift."

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2003, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Drifter...

Even though embarassing that such nonsense by beaurocrats takes takes place in my State,...one should still ask such lordly politicos: JUST WHAT-THE-HELL-IS-WRONG with showing support for America and: "America's Finest" on TOTALLY PAID FOR by The American Taxpayer Public Properties? Besides,...such Public Properties ARE OURS,...NOT YOURS, FOOLS. Just like WE pay for you to sleep indoors, eat regular, pay your taxes and enjoy beautiful retirements (better than most),...WE ALSO PAID TO BUILD ALL PUBLIC PROPERTIES (past, present and future)

So, and since: "Who-does-the-payin-does-the-sayin",...stop being so asininely-dictatorial, FOOLS. As hired, you can be fired by your bosses and/or The American People. Seems right to me :cd:

Neil
Old 03-29-2003, 05:19 AM

You ought to see the yard of a Church in Arlington, Tx.

It is real close to the highway, and yet there are about two thousand ( and still growing ) flags with the name of loved ones on each and every one just waving in the wind.

I am for that.

If we dont have the right to fly the flag where and when we want, then what the hell are we at war for??

Them flags aint no distraction to the traffic. Not as much as Bluebonnets are when people pull off the side of the highway to take pictures of their family in them.

I think alot of the Poloticos are going to far. Remove the tributes, and still allow them to line their pockets with monies that they dont deserve.

Stop smoking in public places, wear your seat belt, dont drink and drive, all these makes sense, but the poloticos want the SANE things banned.

enough........
Old 03-29-2003, 06:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Thumbs up

I agree with all. And since when did we have to get permits to address our government in support of our troops for a rally? didn't the Constitution say something about that? Or for that matter to petition our government for their health care when they return wounded?