The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2008, 07:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Abortion Has Not Been An Issue This Election, Yet

Abortion Has Not Been An Issue This Election, Yet

Senator Obama's free-for-all position on abortion is disgraceful. Lucky for him, abortion has yet to be a real issue during this election. That's too bad for the rest of us since his position on abortion is so extreme that it would probably even sway voters who do not see abortion as a real issue away from him.(See note below)

Take this video using Obama's Own stated position on abortion against him:

()

Then there is this hard to understand cruel position he took while an Illinois State Senator:
When Obama was in the Illinois Senate, the Born Alive Infants bill came up three successive years.

In 2001, three bills were proposed to help babies who survived induced labor abortions. One, like the federal Born Alive Infants bill, simply said a living "homo sapiens" wholly emerged from his mother should be treated as a "'person,' 'human being,' 'child' and 'individual.'"

On all three bills, Obama voted "present," effectively the same as a "no." Defining "a pre-viable fetus" that survived an abortion as a "person" or "child," he argued, "would essentially bar abortions, because the Equal Protection Clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an anti-abortion statute."

In 2002, Obama voted "no" on the bill. - Human Events
John McCain's VP pick Sarah Palin has started to talk about the abortion issue. It is about time this be discussed. As I discuss in earlier posts linked below, I think if people were a little more responsible in practicing safe birth control, there would be so many less unwanted pregnancies that this country would have to deal with and this issue would not be such a divisive one as it is now.
Previous:
Abortion Anniversary Reading Roundup - 23 Jan 2006
Minors, the Death Penalty and Abortion - 29 Nov 2005
Do we really want to Force Liberals to have more children? The Abortion Issue. - FFI
http://fredfryinternational.blogspot...ssue-this.html

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Obama's Swift Boat?

Russ Vaughn
A week ago an old Marine buddy sent me a link to a You tube video that after viewing it, caused me to sit momentarily stunned by the horror of what I had just seen and heard. The video was that of nurse, Jill Stanek, who had in a completely straightforward and highly effective manner related how she had cradled a dying infant that had been dumped in the dirty laundry room of the Chicago hospital where she worked, following an abortion procedure the unfortunate baby had just survived.

Stanek's wrenching account of how that baby had fought for forty-five minutes to live but finally died in her arms, is one of those rare experiences that reaches into you and grabs you like a heart attack. If you have not seen it by now, here it is:

If you come away from that video with less than a heavy heart, I don't think you'd be someone I'd care to number among my friends. Do not, however, think that I am some kind of hard core, under any and all circumstances pro-life conservative because I'm not. However, I am adamantly opposed to the cold, heartless infanticide depicted in this video and I am totally opposed to any politician who would permit it to be public policy as Barack Obama apparently did while serving in the Illinois Senate.

While watching Sean Hannity interview Ms. Stanek, it suddenly occurred to me, Jill Stanek could very well be Obama's Swift Boat Veteran. Her recounting of how Obama coldly disregarded her heartfelt testimony regarding the issue of these induced labor abortions and the horrifying consequences which she had personally experienced as a result, gives us a glimpse into the heart of this so-called Messiah that is nothing less than chilling. I believe every American who views that video can't help but come away from it with questions about whether or not this is the kind of man we want as the leader of our nation.

But then, we must realize, he was merely a state senator and not a presidential candidate so decisions about leaving live infants alone in a hospital's cold, dirty laundry room to helplessly die without any human warmth, love or contact were obviously above Mr. Obama's pay grade.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 PM

I would never even consider voting for a pro-choice candidate