The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2008, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pro-abortion vs. Pro-life

This is hardly the first presidential campaign to pit an anti-abortion Republican ticket against pro-choice Democrats. Never before, however, has the difference been so stark. Obama advocates abortion rights even more sweeping than those enacted under Roe v. Wade. ‘The first thing I’d do as president,’ he assured the Planned Parenthood Action Fund last year, ‘is sign the Freedom of Choice Act.’ The measure would not only codify Roe, it would eliminate even restrictions on abortion that the Supreme Court has allowed—the federal ban on government funding of abortion, for example, or the law prohibiting partial-birth abortion.

During last month’s forum at the Saddleback Church, Obama was asked when ‘a baby gets human rights.’ He fudged: ‘Answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade.’ [This has to be one of those "gifts that keep on giving." The utter stupidity of admitting on TV that one is incapable of making tough decisions should be evidence enough that Junior is patently unfit for any decision-making role, much less President.]

But there is nothing hesitant about Obama’s abortion stance. As an Illinois lawmaker, he opposed a bill making it clear that premature babies born alive after surviving a failed abortion must be protected and cannot be killed or simply left to die. Even after virtually identical legislation—the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2002—passed unanimously in the U.S. House and Senate, Obama continued to oppose the state version. On abortion, no presidential candidate has ever been so extreme. And when has a Republican ticket ever been so unabashedly anti-abortion?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

From From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

A new Independent ad is targeting Obama's abortion record.

(CNN) – A newly formed anti-abortion group is taking direct aim at Barack Obama, launching a television ad in key campaign states that features a 31-year old survivor of an abortion procedure.

The ad is only one of a handful of newly-launched independent television commercials hitting airwaves in recent weeks as the final stretch of the presidential campaign begins.

BornAliveTruth.org, an independent expenditure group known as a 527, is hitting airwaves in New Mexico and Ohio with a 30-second spot that criticizes the Democratic presidential nominee for voting against the Born Alive Infants Protection Act in when he was an Illinois state senator.

Obama has said the Illinois state Senate version of that bill was an attempt to undermine Roe vs. Wade, and said Illinois already had a law that insured life saving treatment was given to survivors of abortion procedures.

Watch: New ad targets Obama on abortion

The group was founded by Jill Stanek, a columnist to the conservative for Web site World Net Daily, who has made controversial statements in the past expressing her opposition of abortion rights. Under the headline “Faithful condom users die,” she wrote on her Web site in March that efforts to post billboards in Tanzania with the words "Faithful Condom Users" next to a picture of a large skeleton should be supported.

The new ad features Gianna Jessen, who survived a late-term abortion procedure in 1977 and says in the ad, "If Barack Obama had his way, I wouldn't be here."

“Can you imagine not giving babies their basic human rights, no matter how they entered our world?" Jessen says in the ad. "Four times, Barack Obama voted to oppose a law to protect babies left to die after a failed abortion. Senator Obama, please support born alive infant protections. I’m living proof these babies have a right to live.”

The group, which the AP reports is heavily backed by former Mitt Romney supporter Raymond Ruddy, is spending $350,000 in the initial buy to air the ad in Ohio and New Mexico television markets — two campaign states that are up for grabs this presidential cycle.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Pro-Life vs. Pro-Abortion:
Well stated Brice.
Pro-Abortion supporters have no concept of when life begins. Scientifically, logically, and morally life begins at conception. You can't look at any other way. Because without conception there is no life. Pro-Abortion rakes the bottom of the pit when it comes to logic and morality. We as a nation must protect the unborn, its the right thing to do.

Keith

Last edited by Keith_Hixson; 09-16-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Aaargg Keith, we have both participated in full term pregnancies and know about what happens. No god rotting judge or Liberal maniac can redefine what we have experienced and know to be true. Fine, if Obama n’ all want to chop their heads off when the they pass through the cervix and call it non-descript human tissue unless a secular judge says otherwise is very hollow and vacant of any human values I can think of. Maybe the best experience for Obama is to go chop off some cervix emerging heads and get good with Hollywood, etc. as a true one and the pruest juice of the prune and blood soaked garments to back it up.

Scamp
Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Hixson View Post
Pro-Life vs. Pro-Abortion:
Well stated Brice.
Pro-Abortion supporters have no concept of when life begins. Scientifically, logically, and morally life begins at conception. You can't look at any other way. Because without conception there is no life. Pro-Abortion rakes the bottom of the pit when it comes to logic and morality. We as a nation must protect the unborn, its the right thing to do.

Keith
If, in the exact words of Barack Hussein Obama, the question of beginnings of life are ".... above my pay grade...", what will happen to American when, God forbid, he's ever in a position to decide any other tough questions? His answer at that Q&A by Rick Warren just demonstarted, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that Barack Hussein Obama is ill-informed or uninformed, or just blazingly stupid.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Obama

If he would just ask the man who is upstairs maybe He would give him the answer that all life is sacred. I have talked to many students who are pro-abortion and when I really question them about the extent of their philosophy and where it takes them, they don't have a clue. Abortion is a quick solution to an immediate problem that causes more problems down the road for everyone involved. If we don't know when life begins how can you make any decisions about life in general. Any pro-abortionist isn't qualified for any office because they don't understand the sanctity of life. Hitler believed in abortion and genocide because he had no respect for human life, pro-abortion is very very scary because the end of philosophy can be dangerous to anyone we deem not worthy of life because abortionist don't even know if there is life or when it begins.
What baffles me is how you can make abortion the higher moral position. That's what one student told me, because it allows for choice. I said, "If the choice is for death how can it be a higher moral position?" Its not death was the reply, its an abortion, I said, "you kill a fetus and it isn't death, boy do you live in a fantasy world." Their philosophy doesn't click. You have to know when life begins to make a decision about life.
Keith
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 AM

I would put myself solidly in the pro-life side of the debate, but not anti-abortion, per se. Life is God-breathed and all human beings, all of them, are created in His image. But, a lot of the anti-abortion folks appear to think that once the kid is out of the womb he/she is fair game. Protect the fetus but not the born? Say what? Being pro-life is not the same thing as being anti-abortion. A consistent pro-life position would oppose not only abortion, but capital punishment and war (other than as a last resort). By extension, pro-life would also insist on quality pre- and postnatal medical care as well as quality child wellness services for all. There really is no limit on a true pro-life position. Liberal? Maybe. Christian?
Certainly!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

Joe SAID!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Contradictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advisor View Post
I would put myself solidly in the pro-life side of the debate, but not anti-abortion, per se. Life is God-breathed and all human beings, all of them, are created in His image. But, a lot of the anti-abortion folks appear to think that once the kid is out of the womb he/she is fair game. Protect the fetus but not the born? Say what? Being pro-life is not the same thing as being anti-abortion. A consistent pro-life position would oppose not only abortion, but capital punishment and war (other than as a last resort). By extension, pro-life would also insist on quality pre- and postnatal medical care as well as quality child wellness services for all. There really is no limit on a true pro-life position. Liberal? Maybe. Christian?
Certainly!

Many Pro-Lifers believe in Capitol Punishment.
Many Pro-Abortionist don't believe in Capitol Punishment.
When if their Philosophies carried through it would be just the opposite. Little bit of hypocrisy both ways, isn't it.

Keith
Old 09-18-2008, 06:48 AM

Yup..too much kneejerk nonsense. Doesn't seem to be a lot of thought about what one believes. Me..I don't believe in abortion or capital punishment or war (except as a last resort). Seems to me that this is consistent thinking. Didn't always believe this way.