The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Concerns

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2002, 08:47 AM

Smile A little good news.....

Just passing the following on. It's nice to hear about something good that the VA does for us vets.

HEY VA! HAVE YOU HEARD? July 12, 2002
From a veteran's letter to the Phoenix VA Regional Office: "I am writing to express my heartfelt thanks and the thanks of my entire family for your help in our time of need. In January 2001, I was diagnosed with cancer. After successful surgery to remove the cancer, I underwent intense radiation treatments; these, along with the surgery, left me unable to work. I was not released by my doctor to return to work for nearly six months. During this time, my family and I lived on my disability insurance and were unable to pay our mortgage. We would have lost our home if not for VA. I cannot adequately convey to you the feeling of relief that I received from the straightforward advice and the hopeful words that Mr. Bill Bertrand of the Phoenix Regional Office gave me during these dark times. The stress, worry, and sleepless nights were nearly unbearable before talking to Mr. Bertrand. I have no doubt that my rapid recovery is due in no small part to the stress load taken off my shoulders by VA. VA gave my loan to a different lender and put the payments that I could not make at the end of a new loan and dropped the interest a full point. It is true -- VA takes care of their veterans!"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links