The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2008, 07:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Hixson View Post
Many Pro-Lifers believe in Capitol Punishment.
Many Pro-Abortionist don't believe in Capitol Punishment.
When if their Philosophies carried through it would be just the opposite. Little bit of hypocrisy both ways, isn't it.

Keith
It's 'capital' punishment. The 'Capitol Punishment' going on right now is the infestation of idiots that are maskerading as representatives of the people. They are punishing our capitol building by their very presence.

I don't think it's any hypocrisy at all, if I'm pro-life and pro-capital punishment. A society has a right to enact laws designed to protect itself as long as these laws are not in conflict with God's law. the baby in the womb has not committed any crime; the felon laying on the death gurney has. So be it.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don't think either party believes in war. Most who have been in war hate war. The difference is the philosophy on how to prevent war. I believe historically that prevention of war and protection of freedom is best done by maintaining a strong military. Everytime the United States has weakened its military it has ended up in a major war. (Prior to WW 1 and Prior to WW 2) I believe because of modern technology and modern transportation capabilities that we in the United States and the world in general that a WW 3 could break out at anytime. We have Russia wanting to expand again, we have the radical Muslims, we have the emerging China and India with full nuclear capabilities and populations of over 1 billion and of course little places like N.Korea, Cuba, and Venezuela that want war and to expand their influence and power. I believe if we don't maintain a strong military we'll all be bowing to Mecca in the future. To shrink our military and to bring home our troops from all over the world would certainly suck us into a major war we don't want. I strongly dislike the idea that we are the world's police force but if the United States doesn't do it, who will? The UN is a farce for the most part, occasionally they do something right but rarely. It makes me angry when the Democrats say the Republicans are warmongers because they support a strong military and believe that intervention is better than retreat and then a full scale war.

Keith
Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Capitol or Capital?

When I'm typing and the Spell Check doesn't respond you get which ever one I came up with.
Capitol Punishment is whats going on with Wall Street.

Keith
Old 09-18-2008, 10:23 AM

Capitol punishment is what is being done to us on a daily basis by the political class. Capital punishment is killing someone with judicial approval.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Hixson View Post
When I'm typing and the Spell Check doesn't respond you get which ever one I came up with.
Capitol Punishment is whats going on with Wall Street.

Keith
Are we going to need another spelling lesson? Apparently so. 'Capitol' only refers to the building or the city in which that building is located. It is 'capital' that's being punished, as you put it, but I think it's greedy, stupid people who are causing the capital to be punished. Kindly see my post about Freddie, Fannie, and Obama, and the truth will set you free!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-18-2008, 11:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Just a reminder...

In all of recorded history (that is up to 5,000 years depending upon location), there has been 4 days of world peace.

Your choices are, as always, die, live under someone else's rules or fight (this includes moving to a place to where you at least have a say in what the rules are).

Joy

Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I never could keep my capitols, capitals straight. I live on Capitol Street. I can't remember if Ellensburg or Olympia is the Capitol of Washington.

Keith
Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Keith,
Sure you can. Olympia is the State Capital and
Oops Yakima got the Central Washington State Fair.
Puyallup got the Western Washington State Fair.
I don't know where the Eastern one is. Maybe Cheney?
Yakima also built a lot of big beautiful homes including one for a governor's mansion that still exist.
Joy

Last edited by darrels joy; 09-19-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: correction
Old 09-19-2008, 06:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Joy,

We got a Normal College, ie Central Washington University. We thought we had the state capitol all sowed up until a fire destroyed much of the downtown. With the changing political winds and the winds we get in Ellensburg naturally the city would have been know as the very, very windy city.

Did you know that Walla Walla was given a choice between a major State College and the State Prison. Walla Walla chose the Prison because it would have a greater immediate positive impact on economy. Not much foresight there. Pullman got what was left over the State College, Washington State University.

Keith
Old 09-19-2008, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Busted... Sleazy Obama Attacks ABORTION SURVIVOR-- Unfortunately There's Audio That Reveals His Lie

HERE'S YOUR FRIDAY DOSE OF HOPE AND CHANGE...

Earlier this week Abortion Survivor and devout Christian Gianna_Jessen Gianna_Jessenjoined Born Alive Truth in a new ad that attacked Barack Obama for voting against rights for newborn survivors of abortion.
This is what Gianna said in the ad:
Can you imagine not giving babies their basic human rights, no matter how they entered our world? My name is Gianna Jessen, born 31 years ago after a failed abortion. I’m a survivor, as are many others…but if Barack Obama had his way, I wouldn’t be here.

Unfortunately, Barack Obama voted four times against affording these babies their most basic human right. I have serious concerns about Senator Obama’s record and views on this issue, given he voted against these protections four times as a state Senator. Just as abuse victims share their stories to educate the public, fight for the common good and hope that as a result politicians do what’s right, I felt it was important to come forward and give these new born babies a voice.

I am living proof these babies have a right to live, and I invite you to learn more about Senator Obama’s record on this important issue.

-Abortion Survivor Gianna Jessen
Founding Bloggers posted this devastating ad.

This ad revealed how Obama voted four times against medical care and protection for babies who survive abortions in the Illinois State Senate, while the U.S. Senate was voting 98-0 to pass an identical bill.

Today the Obama camp responded to this ad with a vile hit piece on John McCain (who did not produce this ad) and abortion survivor Gianna Jessen:

Of course, the ad by Obama is a lie.
In fact here is Obama in his own words explaining his support for infanticide:

In this audio Obama coldly claims two doctors helping a baby born alive after a botched abortion would be a burden when he was arguing against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act at the Illinois state legislature April 2002.
"Essentially adding an additional doctor who then has to be called in an emergency situation to come in and make these assessments is really designed simply to burden the original decision..."
Sick.
Not even the most liberal members of the US Senate held this view.

Abortion Survivor Gianna Jessen responds...
Michelle Malkin has the response from Gianna_Jessen Gianna_Jessento Obama's disgusting attack:
“Mr. Obama is clearly blinded by political ambition given his attack on me this week. All I asked of him was to do the right thing: support medical care and protection for babies who survive abortion – as I did 31 years ago. He voted against such protection and care four times even though the U.S. Senate voted 98-0 in favor of a bill identical to the one Obama opposed. In the words of his own false and misleading ad, his position is downright vile. Mr. Obama said at the recent Saddleback Forum that the question of when babies should get human rights was above his pay grade. Such vacillation and cowardice would have left me to die if his policies were in place when I was born. Thank God they were not.”
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...-abortion.html