The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2003, 10:43 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow Still Plenty Of Fight

Regardless of the slamming that Gray Davis has taken in the last few weeks, in all fairness, it must be noted that the California Governor and former Vietnam Veteran has no intention of going down without a fight!

Is he guilty of the screw-ups that he is being accused of, well that is for the people of the Golden State themselves to decide, and this they will determine!

Is there a f-ing feeding frenzy on - with 135 wanna-bes state honchos coming out of the woodwork, what in the hell do you think?

Is the attention of DC focused upon this California recall - ?DUH?!?

?But I?ll tell ya one thing, win or lose, Davis will be no easy mark as there is still plenty of fight and defiance in the man!!?

VERITAS
Old 08-20-2003, 01:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

what is his military background ?

larry
Old 08-20-2003, 02:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HC......

As a nosey next-door neighbor peeking over the fence, I can honestly say that I hope ya?ll get the issues on the table and ya?ll get something to choose from or of. If nothing else, I?m hoping that Sacramento gets the message that the troops are stirring and want action, today.

As to Gray, well, I have no opinion one way or another but his speechwriter has better lighten up on the Gray Davis pitch about the California energy situation. There are no heroes to be found in that sordid mess, just dumb guys, victims, opportunists and perps. So Davis going about pinning a blue ribbon on his own lapel is not a very wise or prudent thing to do, I?d say. That calamity didn?t just affect California and the saga is well known throughout the energy industry and neighboring States and his last speech more than guilds the lily, by a ton.

So here?s to a clean contest of facts and plans and may the voters win. Cheers

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

HC

That's the wonderful thing about direct democracy; win, lose or draw the people speak (and have to live with their decisions, too!).

I'd say Davis has his opportunity to prove 'em wrong now. If the party sluts don't pull a Braveheart on him, he stands a chance. If he survives the Recall itself (like Feinstein did years ago), he'll be practically unbeatable for any job he wants.

He's a vet, so I wish him well, for that reason alone.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

MORTA, SCAMP & BLUE et al-

MORTA - In 1961, while at Stanford University, Gray Davis joined the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) with a commitment to enter military service after completing law school. He entered active duty in the U.S. Army in 1967, rising to the rank of captain while serving in Vietnam in 1968-69. In Vietnam he earned the Bronze Star for meritorious service. He is a life member of the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

SCAMP & Blue- I am not sure if Ca. will ever be the same after this election? As I stated previously, the State enjoyed a renaissance of sorts after WWII, and even I, although originally from Massachusetts, had relative (maternal grandmother's side) who ranched here in California back, shortly after the Civil War!

The State enjoyed a meteoric economic rise, starting in the mid to late 40s, but unfortunately, with the builders, soon (also) came the users and the rip and run artists!

?I predict that California will rise again?, as the natural recourse potential of this area is still magnificent! But this will take time and genuine dedication.

Granted, I too have chided the screw-ups here-abouts, but to tackle and correct a problem, even a national one, one has to first accept that he has a problem. ?And this, many politicos will not!!

This State will indeed travel full circle, but unfortunately, if not careful, it will revisit hard times again in the future!

The Governorship of this State is not a political cherry, a stepping stone, or an ego boost. And have no doubt about it, to many of the 135 plus, attempting to climb the ladder of Golden State politics, many (if not most) are opportunist, me-ists and individuals out for fame or kicks! (opinion)

I think that Kennedy had it right when he said: "Ask not what your country (or state) can do for you, but rather what you can do for your country (or state)!"

This (Kennedy) statement was not a political agenda, in my opinion, nor was it partisan in nature - it sure as hell (however) was American to the core! And it's too damned bad that many in this race did not digest this mind-set, and "TRULY" adopt this credo themselves, prior to placing their names upon the dotted lines!!!

VERITAS