The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2005, 09:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Another Potentially Lethal Problem Ignored!!!

21 July 2005

The Honorable George Bush
President of the United States
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20500

As per my brief conversation with your White House Comment Line, in which I was directed to your FAX site, I wish to call the following situation to your attention! And although I realize, and can fully appreciate the magnitude of current world affairs, the potentially dangerous situations that exist domestically must also be addressed!

San Diego, the self-proclaimed ?America?s Finest City?, is by no means an Eden. Problems exist even here that, unless addressed, can mutate into tragedies of monumental proportions!

As you and the entire world know, our greatest asset (our children) are becoming the victims of depraved madmen. Human animals who attack our kids, and when caught, fall back upon the same system that they ignore for legal help!

The best weapon that we have in our ongoing battle to stop this national tragedy is the identification of potential dangers, and then to ?IMMEDIATELY? act to curb the threat! Any latent catastrophe can not, after all, be curtailed by promises of action alone, especially where no action is forthcoming - and this brings me the nature of this letter!

As you know, homelessness has always been a critical issue. However, when the homeless are in this situation because of choice, and not kismet, and when they band together en masse on vacant lots to drink themselves into a stupor, especially within a residential area, a threat to the community instantaneously arises. This threat is, in my opinion, exacerbated by the alcohol, but mostly by the inability or indigence of community resources (i.e. police, elected officials, and even the media) to effectively deal with the situation! ?It is in this context that I am writing.?

For some time now, I have been attempting to rectify a potentially dangerous situation that exists here within the San Diego area. Now I realize that your first response is going to be one of: ?Well then it should be handles on your local level!? Unfortunately, I have redundantly attempted to do just that, too little or no avail!

As such, let me respectfully ask you if the safety of our children, the elderly, and indeed the general population, is of so little concern to the ?Powers That Be? that we can continually ignore the potentiality for tragedy, and instead pay only lip service to a dangerous situation, only closing the barn door after the bloodied horse has already fled?

?Such, apparently, is the ongoing case here in San Diego (and elsewhere I am sure), where even certain political factions are coming under righteous attack, as is evident by the news of late!?

I have no such compunctions or limitations, and even with the apathy, obvious irritation from so called public agencies, and even veiled threats directed against my family as a result of this crusade, I will not journey quietly into the silent darkness of fear and complacency!

?CASE IN POINT?

As I said above, a group of transients have taken up residence in a lot that lies right alongside a huge residential (family) complex in a fairly decent area of San Diego. The lot that they have laid claim to was strewn with rolling paper packages (not always used for tobacco), wine bottles, beer cans, and yes, even excrement! Worse of all, however, is that the City Council (already under fire as I mentioned above), the San Diego Police Department, the (huge) apartment complex management, and even the media itself, are aware of this potentially dangerous situation, but are apparently powerless to enact change?

The complex management has offered up naught but thinly veiled threats (opinion), the police, although apparently concerned, are limited (they say) in what they can do, and the City Council itself, even contacted the apartment complex to echo our concerns, and precious little else! As such, this was, in effect, naught but a replay of what I had already done on my own!

It is my humble opinion that should yet another Van Dam, Crowe, or other violent incident occur because of the lack of affirmative response on the part of the people who are paid to address such problems, the initial reply from these authoritarians will be one of (as usual) denial, shock, lip service, and precious damned little else, as has been evident in the past!

I am therefore directing this letter to you, instead of the aforementioned entities who have (apparently) been powerless to address and rectify this ?Accident Waiting To Happen!? This time, however, there will be no excuses of ignorance of the situation, as I have attempted to alert all involved as to the inherent danger of all such conveniently ignored situations.

I am also sure that these critical problems exist on a broad scale, and not only here in San Diego! But they do, after all, say that: ?A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step!? The problem is that you can not get some people to take that first step!

?Well, I intend to supply a little shove in the right direction to push these people into motion, and this, they count upon!!?

?Don Quixote I am not!!? (VERITAS)

Respectfully,

Rick (another Army of One, if needs must!)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links